This quick guide will teach you on How to connect (point) your GoDaddy domain name to web hosting at StableHost.
There are will be 2 steps in the tutorial, the first is changes the DNS of your domain to Stablehost’s Nameserver, and then the second is add that domain on hosting at StableHost.
Step 1: Pointing GoDaddy Domain to StableHost
1. To get started, log in to your GoDaddy account and go to Domain Manager section.
2. Select the domain that you want to host/point to StableHost by clicking on the DNS button.
3. Under the Nameservers section, click on Change, select Name Servers type as Custom, then change NameServer to point to StableHost namesevers. Hit Save button.
Here’re the default Nameservers of StableHost:
- ns1.stablehost.com (188.8.131.52)
- ns2.stablehost.com (184.108.40.206)
Your final screen will look like this:
Now it is time to enjoy your coffee because it will usually take 5 minutes to 12 hours for changes to reflect globally.
Step 2: Adding Domain in StableHost
Once you have pointed your domain to StableHost, now you need to add it as an addon domain (This is not required in case of primary domain). Follow the guide below for the complete process:
1. Log in to cPanel control panel of StableHost.
2. Under the Domains section, click Addon Domains.
3. Enter your domain you want to pointing to StableHost, tick ON to Create an FTP account associated with this Addon Domain. Then hit Add domain button to finish.
As you can see, it is a fairly straight-forward process to pointing your own domain name from GoDaddy to StableHost hosting. We also have some other tutorials that guides you on how point a godaddy domain to a hosting provides, such as:
- How to point a Godaddy Domain to DigitalOcean Droplet.
- How to point a domain from Godaddy to Blogger.
If you encounter any issues during your setup, please let us know in the comments below.
Hope this helps 🙂