Step 1: Set up the domain with DigitalOcean DNS
First of all, you need to add a domain in the control panel of DigitalOcean, but this require a DigitalOcean account for to do and have a already droplet. If you don’t already have account, let create one now and receive free $100 credits, and then do follow these steps below.
1. Create a new droplet on DigitalOcean by follow this tutorial.
2. Now from the control panel, click Create then select Domains/DNS.
3. Enter your domain in the Enter domain field and click Add Domain.
4. Once added the domain, to manage its DNS records go to Networking and click on its name.
5. Create a new A record of the domain. Enter prefix ‘@‘for the hostname, then select the droplet you created in the step 1 for the Will Redirect To, then click Create Record button.
6. Then add the WWW version as well. you do the same action as step 5 but replace ‘@' to ‘www‘ for the hostname.
Step 2: Point Google Domain To DigitalOcean's Nameservers
1. Log in to your Google Domains account, then select the domain name that you want to use with your Droplet.
2. Click on DNS on the left menu.
3. Tick on Use custom name servers, then enter the following DigitalOcean's nameservers.
The screen will looks like this:
4. Click Save button to apply your changes.
It's all done!
Once your google domain is pointed to DigitalOcean name servers, it usually takes from 5 to 30 minutes for Google Domain to refresh the DNS settings. You can also check if your new domain is pointed to the DigitalOcean nameservers at check-host.net. If all done correclty you will see something like this:
I hope this tutorial will help you. Beside, if you have Godaddy Domain and you also wanna to point it to DigitalOcean, I think you will need to know on How to point a domain at GoDaddy to a Droplet at DigitalOcean.
Wish you all succeed, thank for visiting New Coupons!