Like everything else in the technology world, hosting packages are also evolving very fast. Not too long ago, shared hosting was the most dominant hosting type and dedicated hosting and VPS hosting were not well known. However due to the security features and power of the dedicated and VPS hosting environments, they quickly gained popularity among serous organizations and businesses. Today, shared hosting is only used by beginners while serious businesses have entirely moved to dedicated and VPS hosting for their websites.
In more recent times however, a better hosting package is taking over the market once again. Cloud hosting while being more complex than all other hosting types, offers unmatched features in terms of security, memory, and most importantly, uptime. Businesses are moving to cloud hosting to take advantage of the security features and uptime guarantee that cloud hosting offers.
One of the leading companies that offer cloud hosting packages is Linode. It offers a long line of products and services that fit the needs of all their customers. Apart from the hosting service, Linode offers backup services that enable their customers backup their servers. Therefore, if you think it is time for your business to make the leap to cloud hosting, then this Linode review will provide you with all information you need to make a well-informed decision.
Linode Plans and Pricing
Depending on the needs of your business or organization, you can choose from one of 9 plans that Linode offers. The plans range from $10/month to $190/month. Below is more information on the plans:
|RAM||CPU||Storage||Transfer||Network In||Network Out||Price|
|Linode 2GB||2 GB||1 Core||24 GB SSD||2 TB||40 Gbps||125 Mbps||$.015 / hr ($10 / mo)|
|Linode 4GB||4 GB||2 Cores||48 GB SSD||3 TB||40 Gbps||250 Mbps||$.03 / hr ($20 / mo)|
|Linode 8GB||8 GB||4 Cores||96 GB SSD||4 TB||40 Gbps||500 Mbps||$.06 / hr ($40 / mo)|
|Linode 12GB||12 GB||6 Cores||192 GB SSD||8 TB||40 Gbps||1000 Mbps||$.12 / hr ($80 / mo)|
|Linode 24GB||24 GB||8 Cores||384 GB SSD||16 TB||40 Gbps||2000 Mbps||$.24 / hr ($160 / mo)|
|Linode 48GB||48 GB||12 Cores||768 GB SSD||20 TB||40 Gbps||4000 Mbps||$.48 / hr ($320 / mo)|
|Linode 64GB||64 GB||16 Cores||1152 GB SSD||20 TB||40 Gbps||6000 Mbps||$.72 / hr ($480 / mo)|
|Linode 80GB||80 GB||20 Cores||1536 GB SSD||20 TB||40 Gbps||8000 Mbps||$.96 / hr ($640 / mo)|
|Linode 120GB||120 GB||20 Cores||1920 GB SSD||20 TB||40 Gbps||10000 Mbps||$1.44 / hr ($960 / mo)|
1. Simple to Setup and Use
Whether you are new to the system or deploying a complex online system, using a Linode system is very easy. The manager helps you get your job done in a few clicks. You can deploy, resize, boot, and clone your environments easily. Advanced users also have access to more advanced functions and features like API, CLI, and StackScripts. No matter your expertise, the system provides features to help manage your environments.
2. Fast and Powerful
Linode’s cloud hosting makes use of the power of SSD drives and 40Gbps networks. The result is an ultra-fast and powerful hosting environment that can handle anything you throw at it. Powerful processors handle your websites and online systems with ease. You will never experience performance lags. Additionally, Linode offers seamlessly scalable environments that you can scale depending on the needs of your organization.
One of the major benefits of cloud servers is an uptime guarantee. Linode guarantees you a 99.9% uptime guarantee. You therefore get a reliable platform for hosting your websites and online systems. No more downtime that will cost your organization.
4. 24×7 Customer Support
With a customer support team that is available all around the clock, you are guaranteed that all your questions and concerned will be addressed immediately. Irrespective of your physical location, the customer support team is always ready to answer your questions in a matter of minutes.
5. Many Additional Features
Linode provided many additional features, include Two-Factor Authentication, IPv6, DNS Manager, DNS Manager. Supported Distributions feature help you quickly deploy Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, Arch, Gentoo, openSUSE, and Slackware images or the Images feature help you to create snapshots of a disk volume preserving paths, files, boot information and filesystem details for subsequent replication.VPS hosting reviews: DigitalOcean the Cheap VPS for Newbies
Linode Datacenter & Speed Test
Linode Pros and Cons
1. Custom Packaging: Whether you are a hobbyist or a small business looking for a small package, or whether you are a business that requires a high performing website and strong online presence, Linode has you covered. It has hosting packages that start from as low as $10 a month to as high as $900 a month.
2. Seamless Upgrades: When it gets to the point where the resources at your disposal are no longer enough, Linode has made the upgrade process fast and seamless. You can upgrade your RAM from 2GB to 8GB in an instant and your website will not experience any downtime whatsoever.
3. High Quality Hosting: Linode has taken the quality of service offered a notch higher than other competing companies. They make use of the latest technology and care to provide unmatched quality to their customers.
4. Amazing Customer Support: This is most probably one of the best features about this company: Its customer support is always available to help customers solve issues in the shortest time possible. Several customers have even had their support tickets solved in less than 5 minutes after opening it.
5. 8 data centers in 3 regions: With 8 data centers to choose from, you can select a location that will work best for your business. This means that you can choose data centers that are close to your target audience for an optimized browsing experience for your readers and customers. The data centers are located in Asia, North America, and Europe.
1. Pricing: For a long time, Linode’s prices were not targeted for everyday users. Instead they were more focused on businesses. In more recent times however, the prices have been adjusted to cater for low and mid-level businesses.
2. No control panel: This is one of the greatest drawbacks of Linode is the lack of a control panel as compared to its competition. This is a great disappointment especially for users who are used to a visual tools.
In conclusion, if you need the power of cloud hosting, Linode is the best solution. It has plans that are friendly and cater for all your needs while being easily scalable if you ever need to upgrade. They also offer unrivalled customer experience.