I just found out that WordPress is offering an unbelievable managed hosting plan that allows you to sign up for a hosting plan for… 100 years! Can you believe it? It's not just for a few years but an entire century. Sounds interesting? Enroll now 😀
As they introduced, this WordPress 100-Year plan is designed for those seeking the ultimate security and longevity of their digital presence and who want to secure their online legacy for a lifetime, such as:
- Families who wish to preserve their digital assets for generations to come.
- Founders who want to protect and document their company’s past, present, and future.
- Individuals are seeking a stable, flexible, and customized online home that can adapt to whatever changes the future of technology will bring.
After subscribing to this 100-year Plan, WordPress will ensure the following:
- Century-Long Domain Registration: While standard domain registrations last a decade, this 100-Year Plan allows you to secure your domain for an entire century.
- Even More Peace of Mind: WordPress maintains multiple backups of your content across geographically distributed data centers, automatically submits your site to the Internet Archive if it's public, and provides an optional locked mode.
- Enhanced Ownership Protocols: If you need help transferring ownership of a website or gifting it to anyone you want, even your newborn, their support team is here to guide you through every step. Just reach out to their support, and they'll make the process a breeze.
- Top-Tier Managed WordPress Hosting: The very best managed WordPress experience with unmetered bandwidth, best-in-class speed, and unstoppable security bundled in one convenient package.
- 24/7 Premier Support: The WordPress.com 100-Year Plan includes dedicated, personalized support that begins with your interest form submission.
So, how about the price of WordPress 100-Year Plan? It's very affordable: US$38,000 (equals US380/year).
If compared, it's just a bit more expensive than the Business plan ($300/year) but still lower than the Commerce plan($540/year). So now the question is, who really wants to preorder for that price? If you're interested in this plan, learn more at the following link:
I completely understand your concerns. It's always important to consider any platform or technology's long-term costs and benefits. Honestly, although the New Coupons blog currently uses the WordPress platform, I am pretty sure I am not willing to pay for that cost. One hundred years is long, very long. Who knows what will happen? I love to control anything I own as long as it is still possible.
What did you think about the 100-year plan of WordPress? Please share your thoughts.
Good luck 🙂