This simple guide will show you How to point your Namecheap domain to a droplet at DigitalOcean. All you need are a already domain at NameCheap and a droplet at DigitalOcean before getting started.
If you’re ready, Let’s get this done!
Step 1: Pointing NameCheap Domain to DigitalOcean.
1. Login to your Namecheap account
2. Click to Manager next to the domain you want use.
3. Scrolling to NameServers section, select Custom and add the following digitalocean nameservers to field:
4. Click to the checkmark on the right-hand side to save your changes.
Step 2: Add NameCheap Domain On DigitalOcean Control Panel.
To do this step, you must have a already droplet on DigitalOcean. Since you are have already DigitalOcean’s account, let follow this tutorial to create new droplet. After created your droplet, we’ll now assign that droplet to the domain in step-1.
1. Now login to DigitalOcean control panel.
2. Click on Networking from the top menu.
3. Select Domains from the left-hands menu, enter your namecheap domain and select Droplet IP in input box.
4. Click Create Record button to add the domain. After the domain added successfully, you can tap on magnifier icon right to the domain name to see a list of DNS records, it will look something like this:
You’re all set.
Now you can use who.is to check DNS settings of your namecheap domain, if it show all DigitalOcean nameservers (may take few hours), you’re done.
That’s it! if you face any problem feel free to comment below.