Saying that the web hosting space has been saturated is a major understatement. Unlike a few years ago when only a handful of companies offered the service, there are hundreds of companies now that promise you the best when it comes to website management and hosting.
The good news for the consumer is that with such stiff competition, services offered are top-notch and the price has dropped considerably. As each company strives to offer faster and better servers at a cheaper price to its customers, those that lag behind quickly find themselves out of business. New companies are therefore at a middle ground: they usually come in with better offerings than existing companies, but lack in experience, and therefore had to vouch for.
One company that is fairly a newcomer is HostUs (www.hostus.us). With only 4 years’ experience under its belt, it is still a very young company. A lot is therefore expected out of it. This HostUs review is meant to dig dip into the offerings of the company to see whether it matches up to its older competitors.
Founded in 2012, HostUs (www.hostus.us) has grown tremendously over the years. They boast a presence in North America, Asia Pacific, and Europe with a wide service offering. They offer web hosting services that range from shared hosting servers managed through cPanel, VPS servers (OpenVZ VPS and KVM VPS) and dedicated servers, and reseller hosting. 8 data centers located in 4 continents enable the company to provide quality services at affordable prices to clients from all over the world.
In addition to the hosting services, HostUs offers a host of other features. These include free protection against DDoS attacks from malicious internet users, fast 24/7 support for any issue concerning your account or server, as well as managed VPS and Dedicated servers so you don’t have to deal with the nitty gritty of managing and running a web server.
Products and Services
HostUs provides several hosting packages to suit different needs. Here is a breakdown of the products and services on offer.
1. Shared Hosting Plans
Small business startups, small-time bloggers, or hobbyists would benefit the most from these packages. They are the most affordable and require the least effort to set up.
The trade-off, however, is that several websites share one physical server. This means that in case a server fails, all websites hosted on it will be offline. Also, the server’s performance is distributed to all websites hosted on it.
HostUs, however, use the latest and most powerful servers with Intel Xeon CPUs and a minimum 32GB RAM. This means that all websites get great performance and would not experience lag. Below are the packages available in shared hosting:
- Starter package: Suitable for small personal websites. It offers 5GB SSD storage, 100GB bandwidth, 10 addon domains, 10 FTP accounts, 10 email accounts, and shared IP addresses at $2 a month ($15 annually).
- Premium package: This is suitable for small businesses or large personal blogs. It offers 20GB SSD storage, Unlimited bandwidth, unlimited addon domains, unlimited FTP accounts, unlimited email addresses, and a shared IP address at a monthly charge of $5 ($35 annually).
- Premium plus package: This package is best suited for large businesses. It offers 70GB SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited addon domains, unlimited FTP accounts, unlimited email addresses, and a dedicated IP address at only $10 a month ($75 annually).
- Executive package: This is meant for people who would like to host several websites. It offers 120GB SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited addon domains, unlimited FTP accounts, unlimited email addresses, and a dedicated IP address at a $15 monthly charge ($115 annually).
2. VPS Hosting
A Virtual Private Server (VPS) offers a number of advantages over shared hosting and is, therefore, the best type of hosting for businesses that own websites running multiple scripts.
While the setting is almost similar to that of a shared hosting environment where several websites are hosted on a single server, a VPS environment hosts several virtual servers on a single machine. The biggest advantage of this setting is that in case a server crashes, other servers will not be affected. Additionally, resources like bandwidth are not shared and therefore, it is not possible for a heavy resource user to cause low performance for other websites.
Lastly, you have more control over the server environment. You can choose the OS running on your VPS and also tweak your server. Here are packages on offer on HostUs:
- Unmanaged OpenVZ VPS plan: HostUs’ unmanaged OpenVZ VPS hosting takes advantage of powerful servers, RAID10+ hardware setup, and a battery backup to ensure you are always online. It also includes a custom control panel to help you manage your server. Prices range from $5.95/ quarter for 1CPU core, 10GB disk space, 512MB RAM, 512MB vSwap memory, 250GB bandwidth, and a dedicated IP to $21.95/month for 6CPU cores, 200GB disk space, 8GB RAM, 8GB vSwap, 500GB bandwidth, and a dedicated IP address.
- Unmanaged KVM VPS plan: With these servers, you get in-breed features and resource isolation that are backed by high-performance servers for the best performance of your virtual server. While the servers are unmanaged, you get a custom control panel to help manage your server. Prices range from $4.35month for a KVM-05 server with 1 core, 25GB storage space, 512MB RAM, 750GB bandwidth, and 1 IPv4 and 1 IPv6 address to $99.95/month for a KVM-12 server with 8 cores, 220GB storage space, 12,288MB RAM, 8TB bandwidth, and 1 IPv4 and 1 IPv6 addresses.
- Managed OpenVZ VPS plan: This plan gives you all the benefits of an OpenVZ VPS server but with the advantage of having a technician manage it for you. You, therefore, do not need to worry about the technical stuff of running a server and can spend more time on your business. Prices range from $49.95/month for an MVZ-1024 server with 1GB RAM, 50GB disk space, 2 vCPU cores, 1TB bandwidth, 3IPv4 addresses, and 6 IPv6 addresses to $109.95/month for an MVZ-8192 server with 8GB RAM, 200GB disk space, 6 vCPU cores, 3TB bandwidth, 3IPv4 and 6 IPv6 addresses.
3. Dedicated Servers
These servers offer the best in terms of performance. You get to enjoy 100% the power of a physical server because you do not share it with any other user. Prices range from $299 a month for an Intel Xeon 4 core (3.6GHz) server with 4TB HDD storage space, 32GB DDR3 RAM, 29IPv4 and 64 IPv6 addresses, 10TB bandwidth at 1Gbps to $699 a month for 2x Intel Xeon server with 20 cores @2.6GHz, 2×512 SSD + 2x 2TB HDD storage space, 64GB RAM, 29IPv4 and 64 IPv6 addresses, 10TB bandwidth at 1Gbps.
All packages above offer the following features
- High-Performance Intel Xeon CPUs
- Choice of 8 data centers around the world
- 1Gbps Uplink
- OpenVZ & KVM
- Support Web Statistics (AWStats + More)
- ARIN, APNIC or RIPE allocated IP addresses
- 24/7 Technical Support
- Free DDoS Protection
- Dedicated IP Address
- RAID 10 SSD Storage
- FREE Let's Encrypt SSL Certificates
- One-Click Software Installation
- Free Website Transfer
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Latest cPanel / WHM
- RAID 10 HDD, SAS, SSD-Cached or Pure SSD Storage.
Datacenter, Test IPs and Speedtest Files
HostUS offers 10 worldwide hosting locations to get closer to where you are.
|1||Atlanta, USA||This location has excellent connectivity to the entire eastern United States and Western Europe.||IPv4: 22.214.171.124
Files: 10MB 100MB
|2||Dallas, USA||This server makes a perfect ground for those who primarily run North and South American traffic.||IPv4: 126.96.36.199
|3||Los Angeles, USA||Like Dallas, this is an excellent North and South American location that has the added advantage of lower latency to the Far East regions of Asia.||IPv4: 188.8.131.52
|4||Washington DC, USA||Host in the U.S. capital! This location is great for all of eastern USA and is only 7 milliseconds away from New York City.||IPv4: 184.108.40.206
|5||London, UK||The London datacenter is located close to the London CBD, with bandwidth of up to 10 gigabytes per second for every server.||IPv4: 220.127.116.11
|6||Hong Kong, China||The Hong Kong datacenter is the gateway to not only China but all of East Asia.||IPv4: 18.104.22.168
|7||Sydney, Australia||Sydney is a great location for all traffic from Australia and New Zealand with short latency and fast access speeds.||IPv4: 22.214.171.124
|8||Singapore||At the heart of south-east Asia, Singapore is great for serving traffic across the Asia-Pacific region.||IPv4: 126.96.36.199
|The Amsterdam datacenter is perfect for serving an European audience. The datacenter is less than two miles from the center of Amsterdam.||IPv4: 188.8.131.52
|Charlotte, North Carolina is located 200 miles inland from the Atlantic ocean in what is considered the US Southeast.||IPv4: 184.108.40.206
Pros and Cons
- High performance servers offer unrivalled performance.
- Prices are quite affordable compared to other hosting companies.
- Heavy redundancy offers excellent uptime.
- Better hosting options.
- Customer support is not the best.
- Does not offer a favorable money back guarantee.
- No website builder is included.
- No free domain or advertising credits are available in any of the plans.
While HostUs is a relatively new company, it offers very competitive prices for exceptional products, you even can save more if use a hostus coupon while ordering. Its servers are blazing fast and it has mechanisms in place to ensure it delivers on its promise of a 99.99% uptime. It also offers a favorable package for all needs: from small-scale businesses to large corporations managing multiple massive website. You are therefore guaranteed that your website is safe with HostUs and that you will be getting the real value for your money.